- Provide meals for Getting Ahead
- Become an ally
- Take the Bridges Out of Poverty class
- Make a donation
- Become an advocate
Each session, we provide two caregivers for every Monday and Wednesday class. (A background check and Safe Sanctuary is needed.)
Childcare providers are paid $25 per class. They are welcome to join us for our meals, and then be with the children from 5:30-8:00.
* someone who can take all of the Wednesdays
* one person who can commit to take all of the Mondays and Wednesdays – or two people who can share the responsibility, one taking Mondays and one taking Wednesdays.
Meal Provider Guidelines
• Meal providers need to arrive at 4:30 at William Street UMC. A host will be on hand at the green doors next to the elevator – to welcome you and help you carry items into the church. The host will also acquaint your group with the kitchen and the expectations. We will be using the smaller upstairs kitchen and serving in the parlor (across from the sanctuary).
• Arriving at 4:30 allows for time to set up and then serve the participants at 5:00. The class starts at 5:30, in Room 18 downstairs, allowing for clean-up to take place. We ask that you stay until the clean-up is completed – likely by 6:00 at the latest. (Also, since we’re using the smaller kitchen, we will likely be using paper plates – so clean-up will go quickly.)
• The tables may or may not already be set up. If they are not ready, please arrange four tables in the shape of a square with about 20 chairs set around them.
• There are pots and utensils that you are welcome to use. We do have coffee and a coffee maker that you are welcome to use. (If you are able to provide paper plates and drinks, that would be a big help.)
• We feel it is preferable to serve the participants at the tables, if possible. It makes our guests/participants feel welcomed and respected.
• There will likely be 10 investigators (students), two drivers, and three facilitators for this session. There may be children, as well. Our host and your group are welcome to join the group for dinner. A great opportunity to interact! So plan the number of meals accordingly.